Last updated April 23, 2020
DIY online cooking fun
- Immaculate Bites – Afro-Caribbean Recipes Made Easy
- Milk Street Cooking School made their online cooking classes free through the end of April.
- The easiest bread you can make at home – flour, water, baking powder and salt. I’ll be making some quite soon.
- Massimo Bottura is giving free virtual cooking classes on Instagram
- Portland Chefs doing online cooking classes on Instagram during isolation
- 101 Easy Instant Pot Quarantine Recipes
- NEW Disneyland Recipes – No one is going to Disneyland right now, but we can make the tasty food they serve.
- Cookpad – This fun site will take the list of ingredients you have on hand and return a recipe that matches them. It’s fun on lazy days or a giant relief after you haven’t been to the grocery store in 2 weeks and have a bewilderingly random assortment of items
- How to cook a 2000 year old honey cake from Pompeii – ok, this is really a niche recipe, but its pretty fun to see how they figured it out.
In need of Support
This is really rough on a lot of people. Here are some resources for any one who needs it right now
- People on Foodstamps and SNAP can order groceries online now. Here’s some further info about that for anyone that needs it.
- How to apply for disability, unemployment, or family leave during the coronavirus pandemic
OR/WA Restaurants that do delivery or takeout now
Support local small businesses if you can.
- NEW Tight Taco – They make their own tortillas and they started as a food cart
- Teote in SE Portland is doing a pickup $25 dinner for 4 and $5 of each order goes to a local school.
- A Running List of Portland Restaurants Transitioning to Takeout and Delivery During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Clark County Restaurants that have food to go and delivery
Fun with Drinks
How to mix every cocktail – not food, but still culinary DIY
How to Make A Bloody Mary (and donate supplies to hospitals)